Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shaving with Joint Compound


In an effort to save money, I got a can of cheapo old man smellin classic Barbasol. My dad used this stuff, and I used to think that his sideburns were white because he got Barbasol shaving cream on them. Nah, he was just old. When you are little, those are the kind of things you think.

The first couple of times I used it, I didn't shake the can. It came out kinda loose and liquididy. So I did the unthinkable. I read the instructions. Isn't is silly to have instructions on a can of shaving cream? Press button, spread on face (or legs if your wife steals your can), shave. Repeat the next day.

In the past, I've never really shook the can of shaving cream when I used it. Either that, or I don't remember doing it. I've always been an Edge man, but when times are tough, everybody has to make sacrifices. Maybe you do have to shake them all. I don't know.

Well, the can says to shake well, so I did. When I pressed the button, it gave me a big glob of "Thick & Rich Shaving Cream." Spreading it on my face reminded me of working on my basement and spreading drywall joint compound on the seams and screw holes. I felt like I was shaving with joint compound. It works pretty well, but my wife doesn't like the scent it leaves behind. Too much like "old man."

No comments: